Sunday 5 January 2014

SUNDAY'S SPECIAL SPOT - LUANG PRABANG

The images of SE Asia that wander through my head are filled with colour, history, culture and mysteries that I myself can not conceive, at least not yet. The more I learn of this corner of the globe the more I thrilled I become at the prospect of having my own two feet wander its ground. Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1995, draws travelers into its midst with its French-Indochine buildings, morning markets selling foods for the day, a royal museum and a stunning temples. Mornings include monks in a procession to accept alms from locals and tourists alike. Found at the junction of the Mekong and Nam Khan rivers in northern Laos there is a striking beauty to the area filled with water and mountain. 

Buddhist Temple at The Royal Palace, Luang Prabang, Laos


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback, opinions and ideas welcome.