Back in the sixties, flying was an elegant luxury. Airlines such as Pan-Am ruled the skies with top notch service and comfort, whisking its passengers to far-off exotic locations. As time wore on changes came about. More competition, price wars, de-regulation to increased fuel costs, consumer demand for lower prices and crazy service fees. The airline industry has not only expanded to a billion dollar industry it is constant. Rarely, if at all, planes are not flying somewhere in the atmosphere.
So, when you see that amazing deal offered by a discount carrier, remember to look into their extra fees. These may include but are not limited to:
- checked baggage within their weight and size restrictions*
- excess baggage fees*
- overweight/over-sized baggage fees*
- cost of paying for checked baggage at time of booking vs at airport check-in
- paying with a debit card vs paying with a credit card
- exceeding the number of carry-on and personal items in cabin
- booking online vs booking over the phone
- advance seat selection*
- overhead compartment use
- purchasing of food/snacks and drinks on-board*
- purchasing of headphones/blankets/pillows*
Disclaimer: The information provided on "Eeva's Wanderings" is meant only as tips and suggestions. I, the author, am not responsible for any harm, injury, loss of life or property or any other misfortune that may occur should anyone act on, re-use or their interpretation of the information provided. I will try to provide up-to-date (at time of posting) information but am not responsible should it be out-of-date or incorrect. All opinions are my own and in no way are meant to mislead, defame, harm, humiliate or injure anyone.