Tuesday 8 October 2013

Music and Video

Travel without music is well, like not getting dessert. It just adds to the experience. Whether you have your own playlist or a song plays randomly at that right moment, music cements those incredible moments and people into our hearts and minds for lifetime. No matter where I am I am transported back in time to a magical travel place just by hearing a song. REM's "Shiny Happy People" places a smile on my face and whisks me back to Heidelberg, Germany. "Hey Baby" by DJ Otzi has me back in Mallorca with my bestie. More recently, Kanye's "BLKKK SKKKN HEAD" has me roadtrippin' to Tofino. The power of music is indefinable.

How many times have you concocted a playlist for that weekend road trip? Have a travel playlist on your iPod or MP3 player? Or listen to music that leads you to envision yourself on your next trip? That is what I have been doing lately. A few songs come to mind. I have selected some and I have posted below. One because of the lyrics and another because of the video. Finally, a non-music video that a friend uploaded to Facebook and I love it!  Here you go:

CUPS (WHEN I'M GONE) by Anna Kendricks:




I COULD BE THE ONE by Avicii vs Nicky Romero (**has images some may find offensive**)
I like the video and think it is hilarious, except the ending.





WE ARE BACKPAKCERS (non-music video)



This is the non-music video that I saw on my friend's FB page and I so get it! This RTW trip scares the crap out of me but what is that saying..."If your dreams don't scare you then they are not big enough."


HAPPY TRAVELING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback, opinions and ideas welcome.