Sunday 19 May 2013

SUNDAY'S SPECIAL SPOT - NEW YORK CITY

Keeping in the tradition of my last couple Sunday posts, today's is also inspired by friends traveling. A special shout-out to Sue and her family visiting that world-class hub where anything goes: New York City!!

As I posted here, NYC is one of those cities with famous nicknames: The City That Never Sleeps, Empire City and The Big Apple. How does a city develop such associations? I am not certain but I surmise that in the case of New York it because it is, well, New York. As the USA's most populated city it has roots going as far back as the 1600s. In the 19th and 20th centuries it was one of the entry point for millions of immigrants. 

New York skyline

One of the most recognizable skylines in the world.

I found this photo on Flickr. It was taken by Rodrigo A (Raver77) and is owned by them


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback, opinions and ideas welcome.