Monday 15 April 2013

The Appeal of...Part V


This next expanse is unique in that it is not only a continent but a  country as well. Yep, I am going to give my insight on a place I know I already love: Australia.


Since this continent is one vast country I will list where I will wander within it. As I stated above, I already know I will love this land. I could include other countries in the "Oceania" region, however, I am not making plans to visit them. With that, let us head to Oz.





The Appeal Of:

Darwin:  

The capital city of Oz's Northern Territory, this arid city is rich in history. And it is a stone's throw from Indonesia so it makes a sensible entry point.

Broome:

Beaches!! Camels!! Pearls!! Strikes me as fun playground and backpacker haven.

Perth:

I like the west coast of Canada so I will check out the west coast of Australia. I believe Shark Bay is in the vicinity (or at least Perth is a good starting point to trek there). 

Uluru:

I am not sure I will make it near the centre of Oz or not. I hope I can as images of Uluru (Ayer's Rock) are sheer beauty to me as the world's largest monolith and revered sacred place of  the Aboriginals. 

Melbourne:  

Kinda sounds like Vancouver......

Sydney:

The main reason is to visit a few friends in the area. And to see the Sydney Opera House. That is a cool building.

I can not pinpoint what draws me to Australia oh-so-badly. I have wanted to explore (and live) there for years. There is no single BIG reason and my descriptions above are mediocre at best. Yet I know I must visit. That is the real appeal of Australia - to just follow my desire.

Five down, one more to go....finally, South America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback, opinions and ideas welcome.