Wednesday 6 February 2013

Well said

I am feeling encouraged and rather surprised. Surprised at myself. Although I will not go into details I do want to say that I discovered that I had reached a small yet significant goal. I am not quite sure how I accomplished it but I did! Yay me!!

So on that encouraging note I am posting a few quotes about travel and adventure, for a boost.

"The road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet." J.R.R. Tolkien (The Hobbit)

"Tourists don't know where they've been, travelers don't know where they're going." Paul Theroux


"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

"Not all who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien (Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

"Life is a book and those who don't travel read but a page." St Augustine

"Who lives sees much, who travels sees more." Arab proverb

"To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries." Aldous Huxley

"Once in awhile it really hits people that they don't have to experience the world in the way they have been told to."  Alan Keightley

"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money.Then take half the clothes and twice the money." Susan Heller

"What am I doing here?" Arthur Rimbaud

"Home is now behind you, the world ahead." J.R.R. Tolkien (Gandalf, The Hobbit)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback, opinions and ideas welcome.