Sunday 29 July 2012

Sunday's Special Spot - Helsinki

This week's picture takes us to a special monument in Helsinki, Finland. For those of you who don't know, I am of Finnish ethnicity. I'm a first generation Canadian - yes, I am the daughter of immigrants. I am proud of my background almost as much as I am proud to be a Canadian. So here we go, a great photo of the Sibelius Monument in Helsinki:

Sibelius Monument, Helsinki, Finland (designed by Eila Hiltunen)

Born in 1865, Jean Sibelius was a talented and celebrated composer and musician and one of Finland's greatest talents. He is credited with affecting the National Identity of Finland and having a strong influence on symphony and sound. He lived to a ripe old age of 91. 


Photo courtesy of www.traveladventures.org. Photo is owned and copyrighted by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback, opinions and ideas welcome.