Sunday 8 September 2013

SUNDAY'S SPECIAL SPOT - PIHTIPUDAS CHURCH (FINLAND)

It was my momma's birthday yesterday! So in her honour I am posting a photo of the church that is well known in her home town. She grew up in the region of Central Finland, in the small village of Pihtipudas. As a child I can remember her lovingly working on a needlepoint project of this very church. She told me how lovely it was and that she had fond memories of it. One day I will visit this church that holds a spot in my mother's heart (even though I myself am not religious) to honour her.


Pihtipudas Church

This area of Central Finland (Keski-Suomi) has numerous lakes, 140 in all. The village also entertains an annual javelin carnival. I can not wait to visit. 

Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons. Owned by Elijas Walteri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback, opinions and ideas welcome.