Sunday 9 June 2013

SUNDAY'S SPECIAL SPOT - THUNDER BAY, ON

Here I am visiting the city I grew up in, Thunder Bay, ON. I have chosen to post one of my own photos of this city that served as my home for many years and provided me with some amazing people who are my family and friends. Even though Vancouver is now my home, both physically and emotionally, I return periodically to connect with those who call this northwestern Ontario city home. 


Thunder Bay, located on the shores of Lake Superior was incorporated as a city in January 1970. A young city the result of the amalgamation of the north's Port Arthur and the south's Fort William. 

I snapped this photo today at Hillcrest Park. When I recall my childhood town the above image of "Nanabijou", the Sleeping Giant comes to mind. Appearing to be an enormous giant resting, this natural landmark is synonymous with this city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback, opinions and ideas welcome.